Ratings for Fuller, M G

Rate this instructor:

Average Ratings

82

Based on 23 ratings for this instructor.

Assignments
78
Exams
82
Helpfulness
73
Enthusiasm
83

Instructor Ratings

100
Fuller, M G (ITALIAN 40, Fall 2015)
Assignments
100
Exams
100
Helpfulness
100
Enthusiasm
100

Comment: Professor Fuller is very organized. Enjoyed her lectures a lot. Assignments were easy. If you pay attention in class, you will ace your exams.

Submitted Dec. 19th, 2015

100
Fuller, M G (ITALIAN 40, Spring 2015)
Assignments
100
Exams
100
Helpfulness
100
Enthusiasm
100

Comment: TLDR: TAKE THIS CLASS!!! Interesting, minimal reading & writing, easy exams. I took it because people said it was easy, has a great professor, and is interesting and I agree. You don't need to have previous knowledge of anything Italian I'm a STEM major and I found this class very easy. My schedule was very heavy so I wanted a class with minimal reading and writing. Lectures: You must attend lecture and take good notes but honestly not much else besides that. Every week I just attended lecture and pretty much wrote down as much as I could about what she said. She's a great lecturer, very engaging and knowledgeable. I never went to office hours because I didn't find it necessary but she seemed very helpful. Assignments: We were supposed to have a reading once a week but often we didn't have any. They usually were pretty short only rarely were they long and boring. Every week 2 people had to post a question about lecture/reading on a forum and everyone else has to reply to it. Responses only had to be like 4 lines so it took like 10 minutes. Exams: 2 midterms and a final. Almost everything was from the lectures and a couple of things were from the readings. Necessary to study if you're not good at remembering things the first time you hear it. But I pretty much only had to study the day before. Basically just memorization and listening skills. There were 2 take home essays that counted as half of your midterm grade. Short 500-700 word essays and could be about literally any topic you want. Grading: 40% Participation (10% attending section, 10% participating in section, 10% filling out this map/timeline thing that we basically do together in section, 10% answering the forum questions), 20% each midterm (half in class qs, half writing assignment), 20% final (only questions no writing assignment).

Submitted July 12th, 2015

100
Fuller, M G (ITALIAN 40, Spring 2015)
Assignments
100
Exams
100
Helpfulness
100
Enthusiasm
100

Comment: All I can say about this class is that the entire teaching team for it is absolutely fantastic. My GSI this semester, Kate, will be graduating, but she was a fantastic GSI. Same goes for Professor Fuller who brought in a lot of guest lecturers and made her lectures pretty easy to follow. I would recommend this to any individual of any year who needs to finish off their history breadth as this is most definitely an easy A (attend lectures for comprehensive notes though, if you skip your screwed). Exams are a piece of cake if you take good notes and study for a few hours the night before the 2 midterms and final and the 2 papers you write (500-700 words each) are graded very generously.

Submitted May 20th, 2015

73
Fuller, M G (ITALIAN 40, Fall 2010)
Assignments
100
Exams
100
Helpfulness
75
Enthusiasm
100

Comment: Easy, and very interesting. My favorite class at Cal

Submitted Oct. 16th, 2012

50
Fuller, M G (ITALIAN 39F, Fall 2012)
Assignments
50
Exams
50
Helpfulness
50
Enthusiasm
50

Submitted Oct. 15th, 2012

85
Fuller, M G (ITALIAN 40, Fall 2011)
Assignments
78
Exams
80
Helpfulness
77
Enthusiasm
79

Submitted Sept. 21st, 2012

83
Fuller, M G (ITALIAN 40, Fall 2011)
Assignments
80
Exams
76
Helpfulness
31
Enthusiasm
100

Comment: Pretty interesting and easy class as long as you do the readings/go to lecture. Information presented in a very interesting way and Fuller does a great job keeping students engaged.

Submitted June 15th, 2012

58
Fuller, M G (ITALIAN 40, Fall 2011)
Assignments
40
Exams
100
Helpfulness
50
Enthusiasm
73

Comment: Lecture is sorta boring, but the professor is very knowledgeable about the course work. Lots of guest speakers, and exams are based only on lecture so its important to attend. GSI don't grade equally which leads to a huge divide in distribution of grades. Overall, an easy A although the study guides are terrible.

Submitted May 17th, 2012

46
Fuller, M G (ITALIAN 40, Fall 2011)
Assignments
72
Exams
39
Helpfulness
50
Enthusiasm
66

Comment: Pick your GSI wisely. One gives F/D the other gives A's.

Submitted May 7th, 2012

77
Fuller, M G (ITALIAN 40, Fall 2011)
Assignments
49
Exams
70
Helpfulness
68
Enthusiasm
85

Submitted May 6th, 2012