Ratings for Douskey, M

Rate this instructor:

Average Ratings

55

Based on 296 ratings for this instructor.

Assignments
52
Exams
51
Helpfulness
53
Enthusiasm
60

Instructor Ratings

89
Douskey, M (CHEM 1AL, Fall 2015)
Assignments
83
Exams
93
Helpfulness
64
Enthusiasm
100

Comment: Having her for lab lecture was amazing. Her material complimented and explained normal lecture well about 60% of the time. The other 40% of the time strayed away from what was in normal lecture, but was still accessible. She has a lot of passion for green chemistry which I admire. Lectures weren't always very specific to procedure content itself but rather the field of chemistry in general. That being said I feel like in practice this course is more about setting you up to learn strong basic lab skills rather than extensive chemistry itself, which is still useful.

Submitted May 2nd, 2016

67
Douskey, M (CHEM 4B, Spring 2015)
Assignments
70
Exams
72
Helpfulness
66
Enthusiasm
70

Comment: Douskey taught the analytical chem portion of 4B. She was clearly enthusiastic about the material and it showed through her teaching. Exams were very fair and straightforward and were in the same format as the exams from the previous year.

Submitted Oct. 12th, 2015

97
Douskey, M (CHEM 4B, Spring 2015)
Assignments
91
Exams
100
Helpfulness
100
Enthusiasm
97

Comment: Very clear lecturer!!! Exams are similar to her past questions. Flipped Friday gives a lot of practice for exams. She cares about her students and is nice to talk to. It's lucky to have her in Chem 4B.

Submitted May 21st, 2015

60
Douskey, M (CHEM 1B, Spring 2014)
Assignments
62
Exams
77
Helpfulness
50
Enthusiasm
75

Comment: Explains things simply and generally and doesn't go into much detail so lectures can be pretty useless. However, she has great passion for chemistry (especially green chemistry) and wants everyone to succeed so the exams were not too hard.

Submitted June 6th, 2014

89
Douskey, M (CHEM 1B, Spring 2014)
Assignments
69
Exams
84
Helpfulness
96
Enthusiasm
71

Comment: Douskey's a pretty hardcore professor..she can sound a bit boring, but the topics you cover are pretty interesting. Labs weren't the most fun things, but I suppose no chem class is without a lab component.

Submitted June 5th, 2014

83
Douskey, M (CHEM 1AL, Fall 2012)
Assignments
77
Exams
96
Helpfulness
88
Enthusiasm
83

Submitted Jan. 20th, 2014

82
Douskey, M (CHEM 4B, Spring 2013)
Assignments
84
Exams
82
Helpfulness
80
Enthusiasm
86

Comment: She is a good lecturer, and her test was fair. I learned valuable lab techniques.

Submitted June 4th, 2013

61
Douskey, M (CHEM 4B, Spring 2013)
Assignments
65
Exams
68
Helpfulness
60
Enthusiasm
73

Comment: Her lectures were a little bland at times, but so was the information in her half of the class so there was really nothing she could do about it. The exams were fair and you could tell she really liked what she was teaching.

Submitted May 24th, 2013

40
Douskey, M (CHEM 4B, Spring 2013)
Assignments
20
Exams
25
Helpfulness
69
Enthusiasm
75

Comment: Her lectures were hard to understand. Also she would never post her annotated lecture slides until finals week. It would have been more helpful if she posted them much earlier...

Submitted May 21st, 2013

20
Douskey, M (CHEM 1AL, Fall 2012)
Assignments
19
Exams
70
Helpfulness
19
Enthusiasm
0

Comment: As my first lab lecture class in college, I expected the professor would go over procedures of the lab, but what she mostly did was explain the ideas and concepts behind each experiment which was never revisited. Pre-lab, post-lab questions, and the final project was too much for a one unit class. The final exam was pretty easy though.

Submitted April 30th, 2013